Web content management systems are installed to abridge and simplify the whole process of content creation. It is software or a program that automates the website submission to the search engines to gain much improved business revenue and site traffic, efficiently manages the content with a lot of ease. Some most common examples of content management systems are Joomla, Wordpress, Php Web site and phpbb2.
Today, on the grounds of its commendable efficiency and simplicity, the popularity of CMS has reached to an acme where a huge number of people are using it. Besides, giving the power of easy content management to the administrator, the system ensures to save a lot of working on every single web page separately. Huge scope of functionality, addition of new dynamic categories and new module, customized to work within the system are some of the other few benefits that act as a catalyst when it comes to considering the option of buying CMS. However, before purchasing any content management system, it is important for the webmaster to understand and gauge all the essential components of the system.
The first and foremost thing to consider is the list of features. In addition to the very imperative WYSWIG editors and some sort of security parameters, your CMS should also have certain built in components:
- Deeply inquire about the granular security model. Figure out if it is role-based and can easily be integrated into your existing security model. Also, it should let right people access the right content and work with the content as per the business requirements.
- Check for all built-in navigation components as they are very useful for having easy and quick creation of horizontal and vertical menu bars, bread crumbs along with category precise menus if required.
- The software must contain all major components required for social media purposes such as blogs, personalized web pages, forums, photo galleries and web messages.
- It must carry tools that are used on companywide purposes like news release manager or a FAQs component.
- Document management is also an imperative component. Mostly, it is incorporated in the web content management system and as otherwise, you may have to deal with an entirely new set of purchase orders, licensing fees and sales agreement.
Some other additional requirements that you must check for are:
- Training and support
- WYSIWG editors
- Easy and quick page template creation along with the feature to create replica of the already existing pages and or templates
- Built-in components for the creation of feature rich user experience with images, calendars, blogs, video and audio.
- Globalization features that facilitate the conversion of entire website content into any other local language.
BrainPulse website development India and have a very good experience in implementing most of the Content Management System Based Websites, CMS Solutions India along with custom plug-in module development.
Article Source: ArticlesBase.com - CMS: Build, Deploy, and Maintain Content-Rich Websites